Thankful but Confused

A wave of a wand, readings from the stars,images out of a crystal ball,turnings of fate. A journey. Girl to woman (most days, it's just a matter of surviving). One scoop a day recommended dose. Everyday is a different flavor. Explore...

Monday, September 04, 2006

Knock knock knockin…

Went home today, feeling hungry coz I missed lunch.

As soon as I got to Rusun, didn’t have much energy left except to smile at the security guy, and wait for the elevator. Held the elevator door open for people getting off, then walked in and punched the number of my floor.

I got out of the elevator to the smell of food filling the hallway.

Hmmm…Food…Hungry…

Mbak Mar masak apaaa yaa…

I got in front of my door and knocked. Slowly at first.
No answer.

I turned the doorknob. Locked.

Where is everybody?

I knocked again. Harder.

I looked at the door next to my unit, still knocking away. Hey, that’s funny. There used to be a bell on that door, and now it’s gone. Where did it go? When did they take it down? It was such a nice bell, too. Hmm…

I started pounding on my door harder. Dammit people, don’t you get that I’m hungry?

I rummaged around for my keys that seemed to be lost in the black hole also known as my purse, while refusing to lose a second and keep banging on the door that no one seemed to care enough to open.

Aaah, found the key. Put it in, turned it this way and that, the door still wouldn’t open.

What?

Wait, the color of my door’s supposed to be blue. And the door before me was unmistakably red.

Um.

Stepped back and read the number on the red door.

02GF

Um.

I was on the wrong floor, and I got the wrong door.

I had been pounding, turning doorknobs, and forcing my keys to the wrong door.

I ducked and walked slowly back to the elevator. I hope I didn’t scare the shit out of the people behind the red door, for thinking I might be there to rob them or something.

No wonder they didn’t open the door. Would you open your door to some crazy woman using her keys to force her way into the house that wasn’t hers? Did they see me through the peephole? Wait, are there cameras installed in the hallway catching my every moment of attempted breaking and entering?

Oh, man….

I’m not crazy, just hungry. Really.

Blame the elevator.

2 Comments:

Blogger onanymous said...

waaa...parah banget...aku gak konsennya bukan kalo lagi klaperan...tapi kl lagi nahan beól :d

8:28 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger kudanil.cantik said...

onanymous:nahan be'ol? itu salah satu hal yg bisa bikin gw ga konsen jg,tepat dibawah kelaperan ;P

12:24 PM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home