Thankful but Confused

A wave of a wand, readings from the stars,images out of a crystal ball,turnings of fate. A journey. Girl to woman (most days, it's just a matter of surviving). One scoop a day recommended dose. Everyday is a different flavor. Explore...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Feels like Wednesday

It’s Thursday morning, and can you tell that Mr. Boss is not around? Why else would I be blogging at 9 o’clock in the morning?

I feel something strange when I wake up this morning. Like, I don’t want this day to start at all. Like, I need another 6 or 4 more hours of sleep. Or even worse, I need to start Wednesday all over again. Please. Such feeling made me late, leaving me with just enough time to brush my teeth and wash my face, walking out the door with two days of unwashed hair, a tangle of unfixable mess, wearing last week’s wardrobe, black flat shoes and no make-up on my face.

I walk outside, and the ground is wet, but the sun is shining. Having to adjust my rearview mirror yet once again, traffic is manageable. That is, until mobil gw mati saat tanjakan, gw nabrak separator jalan kerucut orange, dan terakhir, parkir miring. I don’t care. I left the basement in a hurry before any parking staff could call on me to “please get your ass back in the car and park straight, for the sake of our sanity”.

Got to my cubicle, only to throw my bag on the chair and go back down to the cafeteria. Having three kinds of breakfast: roti bakar, bakwan goreng and ketan with beautiful girls with perfect hair and make-up drinking their morning coffee (black, with not much sugar), at seven o’clock in the morning. I feel kinda bad for my sorry self for looking so out of place. Estimated self esteem at 7:15 AM today in the cafeteria: 35%. How do they manage? How do they look that put up in the morning, every single day? How?

I don’t really put much thought into it, making a secret promise that I would wake up at 4 in the morning if I have to, to be able to look like the ladies I just had breakfast with. While walking back to my desk, a security guy smiles at me. I smile back. I feel him looking at me before finally saying, “Pagi Mbak…kok rambutnya kaya gitu sih?” dengan muka mengkerut. To which I can only reply, “ Iya nih Pak, belum sempet ke salon lagi.” Dammit. I keep on walking with what’s left of my self esteem. Boy, I must really look that bad for the security guy to say something about it.

I think I really need to start Wednesday all over again. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home